Conventional High Temperature Thermal DetectorDatasheet
The 4351E thermal detector forms part of the Series 300 range of conventional detectors. This range of detectors has been produced using the latest in manufacturing and design techniques, pushing out the boundaries of existing conventional detector technology. With it’s multitude of innovative features, the Series 300 is a detector which ‘acts conventionally, thinks intelligently’.
The 4351E thermal detector incorporates an Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC). Combined with the latest in thermal element technology the detector provides efficient and accurate detection of fires, especially in environments such as boiler houses or kitchens where smoke detectors are inappropriate due to the high level of airborne contamination.
The 4351E and other detectors in the Series 300 range are backward compatible with the Series 100 detector bases, thus providing the capability to upgrade, extend and maintain existing Series 100 installations. The 4351E detector incorporates a bi-colour LED indicator. The integral LED changes colour according to the detector’s status – Green = Normal, Red = Alarm. This benefits the user by providing clear, instant visual indication of the detector’s condition. The Green LED can be programmed for blink/no blink operation. The remote hand-held programming unit can also be used in conjunction with the Series 300 range of detectors to gain access to other advanced features. The features available include: read/write last maintenance date, read value of thermal element and perform an alarm test.
Each unit can be given a unique address that will be displayed on the S300ZDU whenever the detector is in alarm. All the features via the hand-held programming unit are achieved effectively and effortlessly without the need to remove the detector or having to gain direct physical access (other than by the use of ‘No Climb Products’ or similar servicing tool), saving valuable commissioning/maintenance time.
They provide the end user with the confidence to know that his system is being regularly serviced and that it is operating at its optimum level, with minimum disruption to his own business activities.
- Low profile design
- Low current draw
- Backward compatible with Series 100 detector range of bases
- Wide operating voltage 8 to 30V
- Bi-colour LED detector status indicator
- Programmable sensitivity
- Addressable feature
- Advanced maintenance features via remote hand-held test unit
- Range of detector bases available
- Tested and approved to EN54 part 5 (2000) Class BS
- Extended warranty
- Operating Voltage Range 8 to 30VDC (Nominal 12/24VDC)
- Maximum Standby Current (Typical) 140μA
- Maximum Permissible Alarm Current (LED On) 50mA at 24VDC (Limited by panel)
- Operating Temperature Range (see note 1) –30OC to +80OC
- Humidity 5 to 95% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
- Height 43mm
- Diameter 102mm
- Weight 75g
- Max Wire Gauge for Terminals 1.5mm²
- Colour Pantone, warm grey 1C
- Material Bayblend FR110